Sunday, August 1, 2010

What Size Paper Should I use

This is a very good question because the size of the cranes will determine how much space is required for displaying them.  One website recommended three inch squares.  This makes a wing span measuring approximately two and a half inches.  This is quite an efficient size, and it's not too small to make the origami fiddly.

Different Sizes of Cranes 

However, if I am to fit one thousand cranes into a single container, perhaps I need to perfect my fine folding and use the two inch squares.  I will start with small cranes and see what happens.  There is no reason why I can't have multiple sizes.  

I've also learned that the measurement of the square needs to be absolutely accurate or the final product will be slightly off balance.  The thinnest paper was much more versatile.

Unfortunately, these cranes won't be included in my one thousand beautiful paper cranes.  When I start making, you will be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment