Monday, July 26, 2010

How To Display 1000 Paper Cranes

1.  In a very, very tall glass jar with a lid.
2.  String them together with a glass bead in between each one. 
3.  Flatten them and glue into a handmade book.

I'm really indecisive at this stage.  I like the idea of the jar because it can be on display.  And I love my original idea of displaying them in a handmade book.  The problem with the book or giving them strung together is that it will be looked at once and then stashed away in a deep dark corner.  At least the jar will be remembered and admired for years to come?
Should I make a public display in a jar or give a private handmade keepsake?  I really value your feedback, thoughts and ideas.  Please comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I just had a fantastic idea! I know, I know - it's silly commenting on your own blog post - whatever!

    I could display them in a very tall jar like the pictures above. But I can also take a photo of each paper crane and make a book. This would also give me the opportunity to write a personal message. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete