Saturday, July 24, 2010

Washi Paper or Paper Scraps

Today is Saturday, and I went in search of Japanese paper.  Washi paper is proving to be quite expensive with the average price per A4 sheet being four dollars.

So, forget about washi paper - I have a much better idea!

I'm gonna make each crane with a piece of 'found' paper. To start, I have heaps of great paper scraps from my craft tub including handmade paper, gift wrapping paper, maps from my travels and old sheet music.   Most of it is very feminine, but I will certainly need to find other materials which can be a variety of colours and designs. 


Old magazine pages are another option.  I'm against tearing up old books, but i can scan and print interesting pages.  I'm looking forward to hunting down some real treasures for crane making!

No comments:

Post a Comment