Monday, August 2, 2010

Preserving Paper Cranes

Traditionally, paper cranes should be made without glue and scissors.  I have been trying to Google different preservation methods of paper cranes and found nothing. 

My questions:
1.  Will the folds stay together?
2.  Will the cranes get damaged under the weight of other cranes in the jar?
3.  Does stringing the cranes help them keep their shape?
4.  Should I spray each crane with a mat finish lacquer?
5.  Should I only use acid free paper?

At this stage I will go with the traditional method.  If I keep asking questions, I will never start making them!  I do want them to be perfect and last forever, but I guess more importantly it is the thought and meaning that is most important.

And if I go ahead and photograph each one and scrapbook it in an album as a keepsake, if they DO get damaged over time, there is still this record.  Plus I can add photos of us, share my favourite memories and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment